Saturday 6 June 2020

Some Future Drama Pairings I'd love to see Jasper Liu 劉以豪 with

Do you ever try to come up with drama pairings for your favourite actors? Sometimes I like to think about who might look good together for some potential future dramas with Jasper. I've been meaning to write list for yeaaaars, so since then Jasper has collaborated with some of these actresses in some form - but it'd be nice to see them in a longer series.

A Wish List of Taiwanese Drama Pairings for Jasper (no particular order)

Jasper Liu + Puff Kuo drama

Obviously, I would love, love, love another Puff and Jasper drama. Not going to lie. I do think the chances are slim since they're probably booked in for lots of other projects and Asia is big - there's so many other actors they could work with. But a girl can always dream. Although I really liked both their previous projects together, it'd be nice to have something that was different - Sexy, but not as dramatic as Before We Get Married and Pleasant, but with better costumes and story line to Pleasantly Surprised. 


Puff and Jasper also have a pretty good friendship and lots of natural banter and chemistry so watching them on a project and in interviews is a lot of fun.



Jasper Liu + Vivian Sung drama

Jasper collaborated with Vivian Sung for the film Take Me to the Moon which I saw and liked. I probably should have wrote something about it here, and maybe I will if I give it a re-watch soon, but I think I couldn't help comparing the school dramaness of it to Our Times for a Vivian Sung project and it fell a little flat in comparison. But I've always liked her as an actress and she definitely looks good with Jasper.


They also seem get along pretty well and comment every so often on each other's posts with Jasper recently tagging her in a post of him goofing around from a behind the scenes video. 


Jasper Liu + Ivy Shao drama

Jasper and Ivy have actually worked on 2 dramas together in the past which include Confucius in 2012 and When I See You Again in 2015. Since then, both have really propelled their careers in both Taiwan and Mainland China, with Ivy having a major drama break through in her lead roles in both Back to 1989 with Marcus Chang and The Perfect Match with Chris Wu. I haven't seen Confucius, but she's plays the second lead in When I See You Again. 


It would be nice to see Jasper and Ivy both in a project opposite each other in the coming years.


Jasper Liu + Lyan Su drama

I'm not sure if I've ever blogged about Lyan Su. Again, Jasper and Lyan have worked on a project together in the Chinese Epic, My Bittersweet Taiwan, but their stories were not aligned. I quite like her as an actress after seeing her episode in Rock Records in Love, an anthology of mostly bitterweet Romance stories based on 20 famous songs in Taiwan (Puff Guo, Annie Chen, Lego Lee, Chris Wu and a whole bunch of stars also acted in various stories). She's known for dramas such as Fabulous Boys with Jiro Wang and The Man From the Future with Derek Chang. Both Jasper and Lyan have baby faces and fun personalities that I imagine it could work well.


They recently attended the same event and were in a few photos next to each other - I think they'd look nice in a drama.


Jasper Liu + Vera Yen drama

Jasper and Vera have also worked together before, but as old school friends rather than a couple in the film Take Me to the Moon. When I first saw, Vera Yen, I thought she was tiny and young. But it turns out she's 31! I think the reason I like her looks is because she reminds me of Rainie Yang, so I suppose the baby face is part of that. They paired her up with Jolin Chien for a long 50 episode drama called Just for You - And not sure if it's because Jolin is quite manly (midnight shadow beard and muscles) or because of the way they styled her as a tomboy...but she looked super young! I feel like Jasper's baby face could match hers and if they styled her as a slightly more mature character, it could be cute. Aside from that, they both have such a chill, indie vibe that it'd be fun to see them on a drama that reflected that side of them. Also, they would be perfect together in a drama which flashbacks to high school or college.


They're pictured next to each other here at the premiere of Take Me to the Moon and they both look quite nice smiling together.


 Jasper Liu + Mini Tsai drama

It doesn't seem like Jasper and Mini have worked together before, but would love to see them collaborate together. I feel like Mini tends to get paired up with some really mature looking guys - her newest drama pairing is with Danson Tang in My Fearless Youth (Lyan Su is also in this project). Admittedly, I first saw her in Back to 1989 where she played a single mother, paired with Yorke Sun. I think she's quite pretty and seems like a fun and low key actress.


 Jasper Liu + Lorene Ren drama

As far as I know, I don't think these two have worked together in a TV show or film just yet, but I feel like it's a matter of time before they pair them together. Lorene Ren, is the the younger sister to S.H.E's Serena Ren and an established actress. Most people have said very good things about her drama, In a Good Way with Lego Lee. Her latest project Amensalism with Prince Chiu looks interesting (And super dramatic. What does Amensalism even mean?!). I think she's very conventionally pretty - I'm not sure why, I haven't always been keen for this pairing, but the more I see her around, the more I'm drawn to it! She seems really fun and down to earth on her social media channels and have been a fan of her sister, so why not?



Are there actresses you don't want to see Jasper paired up with?

Yep, there's some pairings I'd rather not see. I don't have anything against these actresses, I'm sure they have loyal fan bases and do well with their own projects, but I guess I'm not a particular fan of theirs. Sometimes it's just a bias I have due to not liking their past projects and I change my mind once I see them in a better role.

I'm indifferent to some pairings. Like I guess I don't mind, but also don't particularly care for a drama with Joanne Tseng or a drama with Aviis Zhong. They're probably good actresses, but I'm not keen unless the whole package - story line, chemistry, characters etc look good.

I'd really rather not see a drama with Tia Lee. I suppose it's a combination of things - I find her to be rather expressionless in her acting, there's that weird history with her and Puff (They use to be in the same band together called Dreamgirls, but it seems they've broken up) and she just seems rather conventional and bland overall, no offense to her fans (you may also not like the actresses I like and that's not a problem with me).

I'd also rather not see a drama with Yao Yao. I know she's doing some good acting on a HBO show called The Teenage Psychic and reinventing her image as a sex kitten and lingerie model turned actress. But unfortunately I'm still not a fan. Maybe it's superficial- the shrill voice, the height difference. Or maybe it's just the past image sticks. I mean, if it happens and the project looks good I will gladly eat my words. But I guess I'd just rather not at the moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment