Tuesday 7 July 2020

Jasper Liu 劉以豪 Talks to Korean Media about Twogether, Lee Seung Gi 이승기, fans and his hopes to work in Korea

These photos of Jasper are so adorable and seem to have been used in a fresh series of interviews  conducted yesterday to promote Twogether in Korea. I don't speak Korean, so the interviews below are translated through Google, rather than my own understanding of the language and any parts that didn't make sense were just left out.


Jasper on the making of Twogether:

“I didn't worry much from the beginning. I liked the concept of meeting fans. I also liked Lee Seung-Gi and his work from before. I didn't think of any difficulties in the process because the production team were the ones behind 'Running Man.' Of course, I thought there would be a difference in language and culture, but I decided to try it The process of getting to know each other was harder than I thought because we didn't share the same language. It was a challenge."

"In the past, I'd rarely participated in shows like Together. It's my first reality program. The Korean production team is very professional and the process itself is fun. I felt there were a lot of language restrictions, so I think I'll study Korean harder. Since it was the first time I did a reality show, I couldn't figure out what I needed to do. I didn't take any shampoo, etc, so I borrowed from PD because I thought we'd stay at hotels when we were filming - PD told me to take my own next time (laughs)"


Jasper on Lee Seung-Gi:

"Lee Seung-gi has lots of strengths. He is a brave person. He knows how to stabilise the situations in his surroundings when he needs to. He has a smart head. He has a very good memory. He sings very well and acts very well."

"I had a positive time and felt compatible with Seung-gi. The process of travelling with Seung-gi was very comfortable. If people are too different, it can be difficult. Our habits of sleeping quietly is similar, so I never felt uncomfortable.”

"It was hard to have such short amounts of sleep. The mission involving the diving was difficult. It was done on a morning when I was less awake, and it was one of the biggest challenges of my life." Jasper, who was often tricked by Lee Seung-gi throughout the program, said, “I have a lot of gratitude rather than feeling betrayal. I still appreciate Mr. Lee Seung Gi. I learned a lot!"


Jasper on meeting his fans and working in Korea:

"When I met the fans, I was very impressed. I was wondering what kind of people in Asia would like us, and I thought about whether there would be any fans. It was awesome."

"I want to go to Korea. I was expecting that I could come to Korea for Twogether promotions. I hope that there will be an opportunity to participate in the work there. I'm studying Korean hard right now. If I learn Korean, there will be many opportunities to get involved in good projects and I will be able to communicate more with Korean fans." 


For original articles and more pictures:

No comments:

Post a Comment