Saturday 12 December 2015

Jasper Liu 劉以豪, Mandy Wei 魏蔓, Megan Lai 賴雅妍, Baron Chen 陳楚河 and many more stars light up The Sanlih Drama Awards 2015 華劇大賞

I think I really love Award shows and The Sanlih Awards are one of the best ones to follow because some pretty heavy weight A-listers come out to play. If you'd like to watch the Awards, you can watch the whole run here...Or watch just the bits that fans have cut out of specific moments.

Sanlih Awards 2015


Megan and Baron presenting Best Kiss Award


Megan accepting her Best Actress Award



The Red Carpet Shots (When I See You again)

My favourites of the night? Of course, my most beloved Jasper Liu and his When I See You Again co-star, Mandy Wei, looked lovely on the Red Carpet in navy and deep red. Although I loved Puff and Jasper together at last year's awards more...Mandy looked really, really pretty and matched really well with Jasper. Both of them didn't win any awards this year, but it looked like a fun industry night out. In a weird way, I can't help but feel that When I See You Again and Someone Like You got snubbed quite badly by Sanlih. Both shows won no awards and had the bare minimum for advertising...But the show has boosted Jasper's popularity immensely, so I have no real complaints!












The Red Carpet Shots (Bromance)

Another cute couple, and perhaps more natural in their off-screen couple interactions were Megan Lai and Baron Chen. The photos here are perhaps no indication for that...but watch the award video and see how they presented that 'Best Kiss' Award by almost going in for a kiss themselves as a joke. Nothing like that to raise the ratings over the rooftops! 






Although Megan and Baron didn't win any big couple awards, Megan Lai won a well deserved Best Actress Award. Yayyyy!!! Well done Megan!!! I have to say she deserves it...she's so dedicated to her character that she's been dressing as a 'boy' for every Sanlih related event. Although I'm sure she has to, it's still a lot of effort. If only the script-writers could have written a better drama. But at least Megan and Baron are strong actors who carry the show.



Here are a few more lovely individual shots. Megan is just so pretty, whether she's a girl or a flower boy. She really pulls off the androgynous look all too well! Baron is always has such a presence too. At first, I wasn't really a fan of Baron just because he looked so angry, for lack of words. But after watching the drama, I now do think his non-smiling photo face lends to his cool charm.





The Red Carpet Shots (Murphy's Law of Love and Dear Mom)

The happiest couples of the night were probably Danson Tang and Ivelyn Lee, who won Best Kiss, as well as Melvin Sia and Joanna Tseng who won Best Couple. Although I did drop off from watching Murphy's Law of Love and have never watched Dear Mom, I can appreciate all the hard work put in by all these stars and maybe one day I'll really love a series they do.



The Red Carpet Shots (Annie Chen)

Also ex-SETTV regular, Annie Chen came to help out with presenting. I really like Annie and I hope she'll do another SETTV drama one day soon, though it'd be weird to see her without George.



The Red Carpet Shots (Leading ladies and guys)

Let's finish with a couple of group shots though...Girls and Guys :) I'm sure you'd be familiar with quite a few of the faces...and I haven't even included those who presented like Aaron, Tia and Yao Yao (mainly because I'm not a fan of Tia and Yao Yao at all...and I'm so-so about Aaron. Sometimes I like his style, other times he annoys me like when he made a joke about Beatrice Fang's weight at these Awards although she'd only just had her baby....so no photos of him here either). 



I really wish Puff had attended these Awards!!! But it's been her quiet year and she's been doing more modelling, endorsing and music video shooting rather than drama shooting this year. Let's hope she's in for another drama soon...though I also don't want to picture her with anyone other than Jasper :(

No comments:

Post a Comment