Sunday 27 December 2015

Joseph Chang 張孝全 helps with and features in Amber Kuo's 郭采潔 Mini Film and Music Video Project, Begin Again and Bird n' Tree

I care a lot for Joseph Chang, though I haven't watched his projects in recent years. He's a very talented and versatile actor. Lately he's only been doing films, like 2-3 films a year. But in the past, he's switched from serious films to dramas just like that and done well in all his projects. He's also such a good looking guy. For me, he falls into a similar category as Jet Chao, a guy with a very intense manly demeanor, who takes acting very seriously, but also knows how to have fun with his co-stars.

Anyway, one of his minor projects which I've been interested in lately is his role in Amber Kuo's mini film and music video project. I'm not particularly a fan of Amber's, and I think some of her personal values are very old fashioned according to some interviews she's given before. But I do like this little project they've come up with.


The dreamy ambiance, sunlit filters and doomed love story of this mini film and related music video are too pretty not to post about. The song Bird n Bees is pretty cute too, even though a number of lyrics don't make sense literally in English. I also like the floating indie vibes of both videos. Simply beautiful.


Joseph Chang's sincere and desperate expressions add the finishing touch to a story about a guy with a neurotic, bickering girlfriend in what looks to be a very complicated relationship, on a very bizarre journey. Joseph and Amber have worked on films together before, so I think Joseph was a natural choice for her music video project.

You can read more about the project in the original article here.





No comments:

Post a Comment