Monday 14 September 2020

Pictures & Translation: Pourquoi Pas release Behind the Scenes Video and additional stills for the making of Jasper Liu's 劉以豪 music video for U

Pourquoi Pas Music, Jasper's agency for his musical works, has released a Behind the Scenes Video for his music video as well as some high quality stills. Thank you Pourquoi Pas! (Also isn't the name the cutest - For those not up to scratch with French, it means 'Why Not?') I haven't done a Jasper Translation for ages, so here it is...

Jasper: Today the song we're filming is called...
Jasper: Is called...
Jasper: Eh, what was it called agin?
-They play 'U' and show the intro to the music video-
Jasper laughs: I'm joking I'm joking


Jasper: It's called 'U'
Jasper: Right, It's also the name of the first song from my first individual EP
Jasper: And it's my first time filming a MV by myself


Jasper: It's quite a special feeling
Jasper: This song is about a 'U'
Jasper: But we haven't really limited what the 'U' is
Jasper: Perhaps in nature, it's a tree or a dog
Jasper: Or maybe it's you (fans)
Jasper: Or maybe it's a person or people I hold dear
Jasper: I shouldn't be so unique in this, should I?


Jasper: Actually I really feel I tried a lot of different movements
Jasper: Or things in my life that I've never done before and some actions...
Jasper: But I feel it's quite interesting
Jasper: Just hope that these images and music in their entirety are opposites  
Jasper: And everyone who see this will feel amused
-Cuts to Jasper mopping the floors-
[Yellow caption: The cleaning song being listened to is quite special]
Jasper starts singing dramatically and even throws his chest out
-Cuts to Jasper skidding on the floor


Director: Good
Jasper continues running comically
Director: Very Good
Jasper runs comically back
Director: Ok, ok, ok
Jasper skids and almost comically slips making everyone laugh
Director: Good, ok, can cut!
-Cuts to Jasper talking to the camera-
Jasper: When I was little and at home, I was like this
Jasper: After I grew up, I felt you had to be steady as a person
Jasper: Men have to have the shoulders, have to be mature
---Haha, when have you been mature, Jasper? XD---
-Cuts to Jasper dancing and mopping-


[Yellow caption: So-called mature display]
Director: Go forward...yes, ok!
Jasper: Welcome everyone to my villa
Jasper looks over and motions to the house: This is where my dad and mum live
Jasper: Eh, no
Jasper: Right, This is where my dad and mum live
Camera person: Just before...that special, luxurious stone design?
-Cuts to Jasper talking-
Jasper: A space of my design
Jasper: For instance, I can, if I want, to watch some DVDs
Jasper: Or engage in some idle entertainment
Jasper: The inside would also have table tennis court, basketball court and even football field is inside, but you can't tell
Jasper: It's an indoors football field


-Cuts to Jasper talking again-
Jasper: Hello!
Jasper: I personally also have another occupation that is...
Jasper [Orange caption]: Fairy Paper??
[Orange caption: NG]
---So Jasper mispronounces what he was saying, which is why they call it an NG or 'No Good' scene. He called himself either fairy paper or recycled paper by accident. As to what he was trying to say, it was just fairy (but by saying the last part of the word 'zi' wrong, it sounded like he said paper at the end, haha!----


-Cuts to camera person asking a question-
Camera person: You have a lot of colours today 
Jasper: Forrest prince, sun child, flower fairy
Camera person: In a moment, what other thing will you transform into?
---The camera person does a play on words- she asks what kind of 'zi' will you turn into. 'Zi' is at the end of all those words (Forrest prince, sun child, flower fairy) that Jasper used to describe himself---
Jasper [Blue caption]: An idler with nothing to do 
---Jasper continues on with her pun as the phrase (being an idler) that he uses also ends with a 'zi.' ---


[Blue ice caption: So cold!]
-Cuts to Jasper playing the dog from the film clip-
The dog runs down the steps. Jasper runs down the steps after the dog.
There's a few bloopers with the dog
-Cuts to the camera person trying to help by directing the dog, who is called Gucci-
Camera person: Gucci, go up!
-Cuts to Jasper talking to the camera-
Jasper: My dried meat doesn't attract anyone
Jasper: I don't have dried meat
Jasper: I only have a dog treat
Jasper laughs
Camera person: Looks tiring running
Jasper is breathing hard
[White captions: Extreme panting]
Jasper: Running on top of a mountain makes you pant a lot
He does an exaggerated version to show this
-Cuts to Jasper talking about something else-


Jasper: He is a sheepdog
Jasper: Just then, I imagined I was a sheep
They animate a sheep on Jasper
-Cuts to Jasper playing with the dog-
Jasper is holding out a dog treat, but the dog doesn't seem to want it
Jasper to the dog: Why don't you want to eat it?


Camera person to the dog: Didn't you want to show me you eating?
Jasper laughing: If you don't eat it, then I'll really eat it
[White and orange caption on the dog: It's better if you let me eat it then!]
Jasper: He's really not eating it
Jasper sniffs the treat
[Yellow caption: Sniff]
Jasper: It has a smokey flavour


The dog puts his head the other way
Jasper: Do you like this?
Jasper: Maybe he regularly eats steak (so is fussy)
Jasper: I'm sorry....then I'll put it away
[White and orange caption on the dog: I think it's better if you put it away]


-Cuts to Jasper talking to the camera-
Jasper: I quarantined for 14 days
---He just came back from filming 2 dramas in China recently---
Jasper: And then...whoaa...it really wasn't easy
Jasper: As soon as I came out of that, I was immediately able to film this MV
Jasper: And I was able to go to the mountain I like best
Jasper: Actually (I) really felt relaxed...
Jasper: I felt like I was just playing
Jasper: So as soon as I arrived, I felt like, wahhh, so happy...had a type of...
Jasper: Also, at the scene, there's been lots of young crew members
Jasper: So it feel like going back to my university times, doing a project together, that kind of feeling
Jasper: So it completely feels like I've gone on exchange, that kind of feeling.


-Cuts to Jasper sitting on the balcony-
[Yellow caption: A cleaning rag that is hard to spin]
Jasper struggles to spin the rag and frowns
There's another shot where he succeeds
-Cuts to ends of filming-
Crew member to Jasper: We've finished filming!
Jasper claps and so does everyone in the room
Jasper: Thank you everyone!
He spins the camera so we can see all those involved in the project
Jasper: Thank you everyone x4
They play the song for a bit before interviewing Jasper in the closing credits - You can read translations for the song here.


-Cuts to Jasper in the closing credits-
Jasper: To me, being called a 'singer' is too much
Jasper: It's like originally when acting, I don't feel that I am 'an actor'
Jasper: I feel like I like doing these matters
Jasper: Or I don't reject it
Jasper: And then it's about wanting to share with everyone these matters
Jasper: So I hope now I'm (seen) more (as) swapping a mode


Jasper: Telling another story
Jasper: Or representing some (different) matters
Jasper: So feeling perhaps like trying to write some things
Jasper: And using a musical methods to share with everyone 
Jasper: Is also a very cool (form) of media

Hope U Like it!

End of Translations! Hope you enjoyed this translation of Jasper's behind the scenes for his first solo music video!

Official Photos






Other Posts you might like if you enjoyed this post:

No comments:

Post a Comment