Sunday 3 July 2016

Jasper Liu 劉以豪 shares 花 Flower, by Taiwanese Indie band, Hello Nico (My current favourite!)

Ah, Jasper is pretty much my musical soulmate. The man has wonderful taste in music and a strong sense of justice and support for the LGBT community, which he often makes social media post about.

I found this beautiful song, 花 Flower, perhaps 2-3 weeks ago by a Taiwanese indie band called Hello Nico and have had it on repeat since. I was literally listening to it a few hours ago on my way home from work. It's a love song by a girl to another girl, which is probably controversial in the mainstream music scene, but is totally accepted by the laidback Taiwanese indie scene to which Jasper belongs. He obviously really likes the song because he shared it on social media just a few minutes ago :)

I don't know why this is news worthy except that I love the fact that Jasper loves the exact same song that I have been obsessed with most recently. Between Hello Nico and Morning Call, Jasper you are totally my music soulmate :D Also, I just wanted to share this beautiful Hello Nico song here. The Taiwanese have the greatest indie music scene, so if you share the same taste in the ethereal, indie, dream-pop genre of music, do check them out!


Jasper's caption: Flower (Dear). Please listen to me.

*This is a lyric in the song. Also the word flower can also be used as a pet name to mean 'dear'

No comments:

Post a Comment