Saturday 7 January 2017

Welcome to another year of Taiwanese dramas (& a bit of Korean too!)

Welcome to the first week of 2017! In recent months I haven't been as active here as I use to be...I think it's just the curse of being a grown up. Real life can be so hectic that you can't just be watching dramas, following celebrities, taking trips to fan meets and writing about all these all the time :P

The good news is...I always have this blog at the back of my mind and plan to do updates whenever I can...The bad news is that I can't always fulfil my promises, so make sure you check the blog for updates....but don't hold out hope for translations that may not see the light of day.


I'm also confused about the state of Asian dramas and why there's a large 'gaps' in Taiwanese drama programming...it makes me worried - is this the slow phasing out of Taiwanese dramas, since ratings have been dramatically dropping over the last couple of years? There hasn't been anything to replace a couple of shows except re-runs. Hopefully that's not the case!


All this has led me to start watching the new Gong Yoo series, Goblin: The Great and the Lonely God. To be honest, I've always loved Gong Yoo since Coffee Prince, my first Asian drama series. But recently the love has been intensified once again as I found Train to Busan one of the fun horror movies I enjoyed the most last year. I don't know any Korean, so a Goblin post would be about my opinions of the series (I find the story, at times, very stupid, and the female character irritating. BUT I also feel quite drawn to certain aspects of the narrative and I feel like it'll get better as it gets on. I've just caught up to episode 9 and the humour in that episode was sharp! I also find the concepts behind this fantasy world interesting and kind of quirky. And of course, Gong Yoo is major eye candy! Haha.)


What are my plans for this year? Well, there are the posts I'm planning to make. Hopefully I get to do this and you get to stick around to read them! See below:

Morning Call (band)
1. New photo book
2. 2017 tour
3. Morning Call Hiatus
4. 2016 tour when I went to meet the band in person

Jasper Liu
1. New drama! (I need to start watching this on LINE!)
2. Catch up on any missed major activities

Baron and Megan 
1. Golden Bell last year

Marcus and Ivy
1. Sanlih awards

Gong Yoo
1. His achievements in 2016
2. Goblin

No comments:

Post a Comment