Wednesday 1 June 2016

1989一念間 Back to 1989 Welcome to 2016 Episode 17 Behind the Scenes Translations

I'll only be translating Marcus and Ivy's interactions in this episode (If I get more time, I may go back to translate the other bits with Mini Tsai). Hehe, Iby and Marcus are just too cute together...And they both answer the question of which kiss they enjoyed in the series and why....


1. Shooting the Scene where Zhen Zhen asks Chen Che to feel her heart [1:38-2:38]
Ivy, as Zhen Zhen, hugs Marcus, as Chen Che
Ivy, as Zhen Zhen: Listen!
She pulls Chen Che's hand up to her chest
Ivy, as Zhen Zhen: My heart is now still beating very fast...


Ivy, as Zhen Zhen: Do you feel it?
-Cuts to in between takes-
Director: Good. Ok.
Ivy to the director: Me, putting it (Chen Che's hand) like this...is it a bit strange?
Director: How did you put it just then?
Ivy grabs Marcus' hand and pulls it sort of onto her chest, just under her neck.
Ivy: I put it like this


Director [Purple captions with megaphone]: Is the palm of the hand on the front of your chest a bit?


Ivy grins sheepishly [Yellow caption]: A little bit


Director teasing: What are you afraid of?
Crew member laughs
Director: Then we'll do one more (shot), ok?
Ivy: Ok
Director to Ivy: You...the whole of the palm of this hand put it on the front of your chest, it doesn't matter.
Ivy laughs awkwardly: Oh...
Marcus grins a bit awkwardly too
[Blue caption on Marcus: Dumbfounded/Astonished]


Ivy moves Marcus' hand: So it's like this?
Director: In a moment, I still have to film a close-up
Ivy, adjusting Marcus' hand on her chest: Ok, ok...like this?
Ivy, still moving the hand down a bit: Like this?
Director: Correct
Ivy: Looking at this, it's ok.
Director: Ok. Good.
Ivy puts Marcus' hand down sheepishly. They put two red blush circles on Ivy's cheeks.
[Blue caption: This really makes people shy!]


-Cuts to the re-filming of the scene-
Ivy, as Zhen Zhen: My heart is now still beating very fast...
Ivy, as Zhen Zhen: Do you feel it?
[Blue caption moving across the screen: Being like this, in front of everyone, for your heart not to be beating very fast, that would be very hard indeed]
[Red and white thinking bubble caption on Marcus: Actually, mine is beating even faster (than yours)]


Ivy, as Zhen Zhen: When I think of Aunty's reaction, my heart rate just increases.
Ivy, as Zhen Zhen: What if Aunty still wants Ya Juan to let go of her child?
Ivy, as Zhen Zhen: Then what should we do?!

2. Which kiss did you enjoy the most? [8:12-9:44]
Montage of Christmas eve kiss, Christmas party kiss and Prawn kiss scenes


Ivy: I feel that the stolen kiss at Christmas was very cute.


Ivy: And then it had...It had a lot of feeling...Because I didn't know about the situation with the stolen kiss at Christmas. And then, the first actual kiss was at the party...At the party, when he kisses (me), actually...My feelings were very complicated.


Ivy: Because that day I still had to...I still had to consider how bad Xiao Long must be feeling.



Ivy:  And then Xiao Long was watching, eyes-wide, while Chen Che and I were kissing.


Ivy: And so, my feelings were very complicated....I was very happy, but also felt very sorry for my friend....That is, on the one side I have affection/ friendship...
[Blue caption with Xiao Long's head: Affection/ Friendship]
Ivy laughing: And on the other side side I have love...that kind of a feeling
[Red caption with Chen Che's head: Love]


Ivy: And then, the following kiss, the prawn kiss, I feel like that's also very cute. Extremely sweet.


Ivy: That is, he really peeled a prawn for her to suddenly kiss (her), that kiss...felt like it melted the whole...the whole heart, that type of feeling. So I felt that sequence...I really liked it a lot. 
---In Chinese culture, you only peel a prawn for your loved ones like family members or lovers etc.---


-Cuts to Marcus and Ivy standing near the time-travel tunnel in their party outfits in between takes-
Marcus: My favourite is the feeding-prawn kiss.


Ivy grins: The feeding-prawn kiss....
Marcus: Right
Ivy in English [Yellow caption]: Why?


Marcus: Because I feel...
Ivy is grinning while she waits for an answer
Marcus: ...It's cute...


Marcus laughing: I feel like it's a bullying...bullying you type of feeling


[Blue caption: Che spirit is very naughty]
Ivy: You mean like tricking me?


Marcus grinning: Playing tricks on you...that is...right
-Cuts to further in the same conversation-
Ivy: I said my most favourite is that Christmas light one
Ivy: Because I feel that Christmas light one is very...
Marcus thoughtful: Christmas light...
Ivy: Although I don't know about it (as in her character)...
Marcus:...but you didn't know about it...
Ivy agrees: I didn't know about it, but..that is...
Ivy: There is a type of...


Ivy grins [Yellow caption with heart]: Secretly being loved feeling
Both Ivy and Marcus grin


Ivy, grins: It felt quite good
Marcus: Christmas lights...I also really liked that scene...
Marcus: When I was watching that scene myself...
Marcus: When I was watching the screening myself...


Marcus: My own heart rate...increased...that is (it went) bump-bump-bump...
Ivy is laughing on the side


Marcus, widening his eyes: I felt like a teenage girl...wanted to give a shrill scream..like this...
Marcus makes an exaggerated gasping face of excitement, making Ivy laugh out loud.


End of Translation. Ahhh! These two are super cute and can talk so comfortably about their kiss scenes. Adorable.

1 comment:

  1. thank you for translating I've been guessing everytime I watched the BTS. Thank you so much :D

    ReplyDelete