Thursday 10 September 2020

Lost Romance 浪漫输给你 Episode 14 Behind the Scenes Translations

What happened to your Lost Romance translations?! Admittedly, the less scenes there are of Qing Feng/ Simon, the less inclined I am to translate a lot of the BTS. I really like all the actors (I do really like Marcus & Vivian) and their behind the scenes fun, but my motivation stems from how the drama makes me feel :) This drama has been interesting to discuss, but being attached strongly one to one character who is fading away is decreasing my motivation, so we'll see if I continue or not (I am still trying to finish Episode 12 too!) This week I will translate the Vivian + Marcus Kiss as well as the Simon + Vivian scene though. 


1. Rehearsing the Aoran and Xiao En kiss against the window [5:43-6:49]
Marcus is running through the lines with Vivian against the window
Marcus saying Aoran's lines: Even marrying you means going to hell
Marcus [Blue caption]: I would not marry you


[White caption on a confused Vivian: ?!]
Direction, correcting Marcus: I would still marry you, la
Marcus: I would still marry you
Vivian bursts out laughing: (You) Would still marry?
Direction, pointing to Marcus: He said that he would not marry
Vivian laughs: And you would still marry?
Vivian laughs: He (actually) said "I would still go"
----The word 'marry' and 'go' should somewhat similar, so I think Marcus either didn't pronounce properly or was mucking around---
Marcus repeats what he should have said & Vivian too spelling out the words: I would still marry...
-Cuts to Vivian pinning Marcus against the wall- 
[Purple caption: Exchange roles]


Vivian saying Aoran's lines: This is not the main point
Vivian saying Aoran's lines: Your face is not going red, is it?
Vivian touches Marcus' face


-Cuts to Marcus going back to being Aoran and pining Vivian as Xiao En against the glass-
Marcus: In the middle of the night, let's not examine this issue
Vivian says squirmishly: In the middle of the night, let's not examine this issue, la
Vivian squirms out of Marcus' grip to not face him, but actually ends up spinning around to face the glass which is not meant to happen
Vivian: The result is, when I start using (my) strength...
Vivian laughs
Marcus: (You) spin yourself
[Yellow and pink caption on the Director who has his hand to his forehead: Why is it when you look at it, it seems a bit shy to watch this?]
----Meaning it looks a little naughty, haha---
Marcus as Aoran: It doesn't matter, I still have Xiao En
Marcus as Aoran: There are other issues we can examine...
Marcus rests his head on Vivian's shoulder
-Cuts to Vivian talking to the camera and Marcus-
Vivian: If there was a person who said that to me, I really would feel touched
Vivian: But if other people asked me (who I don't like), I would say...


Vivian coolly puts an arm on Marcus' shoulder
Vivian [Red caption]: We'll see in the next life, huh.
Vivian laughs while Marcus acts stoic
-Cuts to the actual scene-
Vivian as Xiao En: In the middle of the night, let's not examine this issue, la
Marcus as Aoran: I guess
Marcus as Aoran gently putting his hand on her waist: We still have other issues we can examine
They start making out as their characters


-Cuts to the rehearsal of the kiss scene-
Marcus puts his hand on Vivian's waist...and Vivian puts her hands behind Marcus and waves them around manically to pretend to be passionately messing his hair while kissing
Director: Alright already!
---Haha, poor director is like stop it guys!---


2. Filming the scene where Qing Feng asks Xiao En to go into another story with him [6:50-7:36]
Simon as Qing Feng: Xiao En, Don't go to Aoran
Simon as Qing Feng: Come with me to roam in another story
Simon as Qing Feng: This way you won't disappear


-Cuts to Simon showing off a cricket (?) or bug that has landed peacefully on his ear-
[Brown caption: The newest insect ear decoration?!]
Simon spins around showing his insect pet


-Cuts to Simon talking to the camera-
[Pink caption pointing to Simon: Madly showing off]
Simon poses with his hand on his chin to show off his insect 'earring'


-Cuts to Simon talking about attracting bugs-
Simon: All the animals around have found me 
-Cuts to the camera person asking Simon something-
Camera person [Green caption]: Forrest man
Simon: Right, I use Forrest (scented) body wash
-Cuts to Simon shit-talking as usual, haha-
Simon: If I'm here, then it's the main venue
Everyone around laughs
Simon: Really grateful to Vivian Sung
Simon puts an arm around around Vivian
Vivian: I'm here to be a supporting role for him


Simon: That's her
Simon: Always having to be a supporting role for me
-Cuts to Simon talking about something else-
Simon: Today, we...
Simon [Yellow caption]: Have a lot of lines to say
-Cuts to Simon talking about Vivian's lines-
Simon: At the start, she also had a lot (lines)
Vivian: Welcome to Xiao En's world
Simon: At the start, I didn't (even) have to talk
Simon: I only had to be like this...
Simon makes an aloof face as the cool Qing Feng
Vivian: But today you're having a really hard time
Vivian: What are you thinking about?
Simon: I was thinking of saying...


Simon [Blue caption]: Marcus Chang didn't come
Vivian does an eye roll and her face drops from the response
---Haha, the bromance never ends with those 2...and Vivian's attempts to get a serious and reflective Simon fails---
[Pink caption pointing to Vivian: In an instance, face changes XD]
Simon grabs her arm: Nooo....(I was just joking!)
---Haha, I like how Vivian just abandons Simon like that. Kind of reminds me of a lot of real life girlfriends who punish their boyfriends for their immaturity XD ----


End of Translations. Hopefully Simon will be around for some of the other episodes' BTS! Otherwise it has been a nice journey!

Other Posts you might like if you enjoyed this post:

No comments:

Post a Comment