Wednesday 30 September 2020

Translation: Simon Lian 連晨翔 interview for SETTV about playing Qing Feng in Lost Romance 浪漫输给你

This series...Every time I think I am done with translations, they'll release something with Simon Lian and I feel I just have to translate XD

 

Simon: Hi Everyone! I am Simon Lian and in Lost Romance, I act as Qing Feng. 
Simon: Originally when I saw the script, I felt that very few people would entrust such a warm, 'protective-of-the-female-lead' type role to me. 
Simon laughs: Maybe because I look too frivolous
-Cut to a Scene where Qing Feng introduces himself to Xiao En-
---I'm not going to translate the dialogue in the Lost Romance scenes they show in this video because you've probably all seen the scenes or can look it up if you need to do- just saving time to do the important Simon interview bits!---
Simon: Qing Feng is a role that has a very mysterious feeling (or personality)
Simon: Perhaps when we first started our scripts or whatever...
Simon: I would not raise questions
Simon: Or (automatically) say things
Simon: Because I felt I didn't want to hear too much about what everyone's opinion on what type of person Qing Feng was
Simon: Because I was afraid if I heard (these things)
Simon: At the moment of filming, I might have the habit of...
Simon: Go in the way that everyone expects
Simon: I also never discussed with the Director anything about Qing Feng (about his past)
Simon: Because I felt...
Simon: The less I knew the better
-Cuts to the scene where Qing Feng is trapped in the Lift with Chu Chu-
Simon: The slower people talk, the more they have a mysterious feeling about them
Simon: Just like how I think Marcus Chang has a mysterious feeling about him - it's the same
Simon: Because he speaks very slowly and so when I started joining the cast
Simon: I observed Marcus Chang
Simon: I would regularly observe him 
---Haha, even in a "serious" interview, there is so much Simon and Marcus Bromance---
Simon: That is...his every habit/pattern, his every movement
Simon: I would very earnestly observe him
-Cuts to the scene where Qing Feng tells Xiao En she promised not to cry because of Aoran-
Simon: At that time when I saw the script
Simon: And saw that he had to protect Zheng Xiao En
Simon: (I thought) I now have to blend this into my life
Simon: (And then I thought) Who is the woman that I most want to protect?
Simon: As a result, I thought of my mother
---Hahaha, I think this is sweet. Before anyone gets the wrong idea or starts with weird comments, he's talking about the gentleness and the protectiveness in Qing Feng's character towards Xiao En, not the romance he has with her. Also, I think it's just an actor's way not to get caught in any rumours. Simon's been in a few - I think the biggest rumour was he was dating Emma Wu/ Gui Gui a few years back. But yeah, this is personal without being too personal!---
Simon: Yeah...so actually, when I was acting
Simon grinning: A lot of internal things were things I wanted to say to my mum
---Also that grin says he just can't be too serious when asked about "romance" type questions---
-Cuts to a question asked to Vivian-
Interviewer: How does Xiao En place Qing Feng in her heart?
Vivian: As a sister!
----This refers to an on-going joke with Simon from Episode 9's Behind the Scenes---
Vivian laughs: I'm just talking silly
Vivian: No, I'm just joking
Vivian yells over to someone, probably Simon, laughing: I'm just joking!
-Cuts back to Simon-
Simon laughs: I feel like she (Xiao En) is someone who came to our world to treat me like Zhu Ge Liang
Simon laughs: The Zhu Ge Liang of the emotional or romantic area
---For those who don't know who Zhu Ge Liang is, he is a character from the Chinese mythological tales of The Romance of 3 Kingdoms. His character is very smart and strategic and could devise good strategies to take down enemies. He was also also magical---
-Cuts back to Vivian-
Vivian: I think the relationship between Xiao En and Qing Feng is comrades

Up to 2:14 on the Video. To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment