Friday 22 August 2014

Pleasantly Surprised 喜歡·一個人 Episode 11 Behind the Scenes Translations

Improving my Chinese by translating the fun antics of Puff, Jasper and the Figuro Crew. This was one of my favourite BTS clips as it was the filming of Ah Jie's Dreaammm, which, as soon as I saw the episode, laughed at the thought of Puff and Jasper having to film it all. It's as funny as I thought it'd be and more...


1. Before shooting Ah Jie's Dream Sequence
[Yellow caption: The moment we enjoy is here!!] Puff is striking poses for the camera
Puff to Jasper: Really, you've profited from this...
Jasper retorts [White caption]: I have to watch a rhythemic dance this time... [red caption:] Isn't it you that profits from this? (Meaning that he just gets to watch...and he downplays what he gets to watch... whereas Puff gets to do more and has more fun in this scene)
Puff: Nooo...(Jasper grins)
-Cuts to Jasper talking to camera and Puff standing next to him-
Jasper: I'm anticipating (this scene), but also scared I'll get injured
Puff puts her hand on his chest.
[Purple caption on Jasper: Why would you suffer injuries?]
-Cuts to Puff looking intensely at Jasper and reaching out, seductively stroking Jasper's face, and Jasper pulling back and swotting Puff's arm away, while Puff is laughing-
[White caption on Jasper: Very terrifed!]


Jasper, grudgingly mumbling to Puff: (You) Scared me (enough) to jump.
---Let me add, haha Puff looks very comfortable touching Jasper, while Jasper is super nervous. Hehe, Puff = pretty powerful when you have the moves to make your charming co-star so jumpy and tense :D---

2. Shooting the crawling onto bed scenes
[Pink caption: Shooting Ah Jie dreaming about Kai Qi doing a sexy dance]
Puff: (striking a sexy pose and then laughs) It's no good. I really want to laugh. (Jasper is pulling the blankets close to him as if scared of Puff).
Puff slowly and seductively slides her hands up her leg, while looking at Jasper.
Puff to director: Like this?
Director: And then... (to Jasper) Good (to Puff)
Jasper to camera: (laughs) ...I go crazy. (Puff laughs)
-Cuts to Puff starting to crawl onto the bed, but really early on, Jasper is already stopping her by pointing and then putting his hand in a stop motion and saying loudly the following-
Jasper: (loudly) Don't act this way!
[Purple caption: Shock/Surprised (for Puff, I think)]


Puff crawls back off the bed and stands with a hand up in surrender.
Puff: Then I'll take my leave now! Bye! (Waves and laughs and walks away, in mock fright) (Jasper laughing)
Crew member: You dare to scare her? Don't scare her away...
Puff, hand on heart: (He) Scared me!


-Cuts to Puff, crawling back on bed-
Jasper: I really am getting scared. Let me laugh a bit first.
Puff, making a face and laughing [red caption]: What are you scared of?! ---Hahaha, Don't worry Puff, he's not scared. Just nervous that you're crawling onto him!---
Puff, laughing: It's not like I'm going to eat you up!!! (Chinese meaning = take advantage of you sexually/ do it with you) (Here, Jasper is laughing a lot with his eyes closed)...I'm just doing the movements!!!


Puff has crawled onto the bed.
Director: And then?
Puff puts her hand on Jasper's chest, on his heart. Jasper is laughing, sheepishly.
Jasper: Touched my chest.


Jasper is swotting Puff's hand away and putting up a stop sign with his hand again, before swotting her away, while grinning) [white and pink caption on Jasper: Exorcism?]
Director: This time only Kai Qi

3. Puff talking to Camera about doing this scene
(appears the Camera person may have asked if Puff was nervous about doing a sexy scene. Haha, well risque for an asian drama)
Puff: (I'm) Not really paying too much attention to it, (I'm) not nervous. Because I, myself, don't see it. Furthermore, I don't know what I'm actually doing. Just feels like I'm being silly for laughs.
Puff: This type of thing. (Puff does a sexy expression and slides across the screen.)
Jasper is not on screen, but not that far away from Puff and says to the camera person...
[Orange and purple caption: Why don't you ask me whether or not I'm nervous?!] ---haha because we all know you are, Jasper! --

4. Back to filming the scene, KQ sliding hand down AJ's chest
(Puff, as KQ, on her knees, on the bed, sliding hand down AJ's chest)


Jasper, as AJ, pleads: Kai Qi, don't act this way...
Puff, as KQ, crawls up much, much closer. Real close to AJ's face.
Jasper, as AJ, does a panicky shout: Don't act this wayyyy!!! (But it's NG because said too loudly, and not in right tone..hahaha...Knowing this, Puff flops onto the bed laughing)
Director: Good. Again.
Jasper makes a joke, which can be taken as 'Ah Jie being sexually frustrated due to Kai Qi's slow seduction methods' but also Jasper being like 'please make this scene pass quicker!' He jokingly shouts:
Jasper to Puff [Blue caption]: You need to go faster!
Jasper [Pink caption]: It's too slow!
Jasper [Giant Red caption]: I can't take it anymoreeee!!!


(Puff is laughing really hard and rolling around on the bed, Jasper is laughing and throwing off the sheets and putting his arms into the air in mock frustration)

5. Kai Qi's sexy leg lift 
Puff is strutting her stuff and touching her legs for the drama scene.
[Purple caption on Puff: To not lose out is to let the 100%+ sexy girl remain number 1!]
Jasper talking to camera [white and red caption]: I've seen a very different (side of) Kai Qi...
Jasper talking to camera from bed and Puff standing there: ...If there really was a guy like this, they would be fortunate to be with Puff.
Puff, laughs, correcting question: I was going to say "if there was this type of guy, what would they say to him?" (laughs, pointing to Jasper.) ---I think Jasper started answering the question when Puff hadn't yet finished posing it to him---
[Yellow caption: What exactly are you guys trying to say?]
Jasper: (I) Don't know what guy would be that guy that has this...(type of) opportunity.
Camera person: He's already so nervous that he's talking incoherently
Jasper: Right (nods)
Puff smiling.
Jasper: Just... (Camera zooms in on Jasper)...This guy really would be too lucky...mmm (nods) (as in "too lucky to be with Puff") ---haha, here, it seems like he's being sincere while trying not to sound too heavy/overtly serious about it (so as not to get the rumour mill started about them, but being geniuinely nice). It's a sweet thing Jasper's saying about Puff :D---

6. Shooting the scenes where Dream-version KQ is having a good feel of AJ's chest
[Shooting the scenes where Kai Qi's hand close-ups as well as Ah Jie's facial expressions]
Puff, as KQ, is slowly feeling around AJ's chest. She has her hand on Jasper's chest.
Director: Good. Leave it there.
The Camera is zoomed in on Jasper, as AJ's, panicked expressions and KQ's hand feeling around, while Puff is trying not to laugh because it's so weird and awkward for her. She's grinning and wrinkling her nose in an attempt not to laugh.
Director: Good. Ok, face (meaning, they're going to start filming Puff's face again.)
Director: Slowly get closer.
Puff, as KQ, moves slowly closer, really close to Jasper's mouth and cheek


Jasper, as AJ, shouts: Didn't I tell you not to act this wayyyy!!! (But his NG because, in his nervousness, he goes for the wrong tone and his voice sounds like a teenage boys' voice cracking. It's so hilarious and high pitched!!!) Jasper also had his face squeezed shut while shouting...but it turns into a funny expression! ...which makes it even more of an NG
Puff falls over sideways laughing.
Jasper starts laughing too, puts hand over mouth: ...It was on me? (talking about the camera)
Jasper, still laughing: Sorry!
Puff, is laughing and pointing at him: It was filming you!...And not me! (throws up her arms)
Both still laughing.

7. Puff asking Jasper about 'this scene' happening in real life
---hahaha, I can't imagine any Asian star who would say, yes, I get lap dances in my spare time. But I just love the way Jasper answers this :D ---
Puff and Jasper are sitting on the bed talking in between shooting the scene.
Puff to Jasper: So in your real life experiences, has anyone done this (sexy dancing) to you?
Jasper turns to look at Puff and his face is showing mock 'look of disappointment'
[red caption on Jasper: Disappointed!]
Jasper to Puff: No wayyy, la.


Puff grins and starts laughing from Jasper's facial expression and tone of voice.


Jasper to Camera: ...So that's why, today, I'm really very happy (referring to the fact he's just 'gotten a sexy dance' from Puff).
Jasper: I feel like I'm very lucky. (Puff is grinning.)


Jasper says a Chinese saying in a very Chinese accent: I'll be happy for 3 of my lives (In Chinese, this saying is a compliment to the person it's said to (Puff), as person saying it (Jasper) says they're very lucky to have come across this person in their lives, as this person has made them happy in all 3 lives: their past, present and future lives)
Puff repeats it back in same funny accent: I'll be happy for 3 of my lives,
Jasper, doing a little bow used for praising gods/ancestors: I'll be very good now and praise the gods/ ancestors (He means he'll praise whichever of the gods or ancestors that have rewarded him and given him this opportunity to get this sort of treatment from Puff)
He and Puff laugh over his exaggerated antics and Puff lazily hits him on the shoulder.
Puff: ...So in your real life experiences, if someone did act this way towards you (sexy dancing), how would you react? ---hahaha, oh Puff ---
Jasper, looking at Puff seriously: Wait, are you saying I have a girlfriend/other half? (the Chinese writing down the bottom has Jasper saying "You mean my girlfriend/other half?" but I think it's a mistake because what it sounds like Jasper is saying verbally is what I have written above. Also makes more sense when you read the conversation and take into consideration that Jasper has said before in prior interviews, he's single at the moment.)
Puff: No..
Jasper, retorts and laughs: No? Then who would do this (sort of thing) to me?!
Puff laughs at his tone of voice but raises her eyebrows at the camera (as if slightly perplexed/confused or in disbelief...I'm sure she's thinking what we're thinking..."Oh, I don't know, Jasper...how about the many asian fangirls you have?!?!")

8. Jasper having a go at performing Puff's dance
(Puff is fixing her aerobics wristbands)
Camera person: 5,4,3,2...
Jasper to Puff: Just then, your legs looked quite good.
Jasper slowly lifts up his legs imitating Puff in her sexy dance.
Puff looks up and laughs really hard. [Aqua caption of Puff's opinion on Jasper's dancing: Quite a big difference!/ Not up to standard (can have all these meanings)]


Jasper to Puff: (I'm) Dancing the "8 Military Generals" (the name of a type of traditional Taiwanese costume dance)
Jasper starts laughing and continues to prance back the other way.
Puff does the dance correctly behind him, going the other way.

9. Practicing to do the Kai-Qi jumping into Ah-Jie's arm/ Ah-Jie-twirling-Kai-Qi scenes 
Puff is preparing to jump into Jasper's arms to be twirled around
Puff: Will you be able to lift (me) up?
Jasper looks at her with a "Are-you-kidding-me? Of-course-I-can-lift-you-up" look
[Yellow thinking bubble caption on Jasper: You must really look down on me ] (hahaha because she seems to have no faith that he'll have the strength to lift her up!) Jasper looks at the camera with that she-looks-down-on me expression (Puff laughs and shoves him, playfully to get his attention.)
Puff: Hold on (to me), yea? (Jasper grins and stretches.)
-Cuts scene, still haven't jumped yet-
Puff, shaking her arms, laughing: I'm afraid to crash into his teeth. (She's laughing and points to Jasper, who is grinning at her, with teeth and Puff laughing, claps).
Jasper, grins and playfully does a "come over here" motion with his hand to Puff
Jasper: Come (here)... (he swings his arms out slightly preparing for her to run-jump into his arms


[Blue caption]: I'm even more afraid of crashing into other things... (Puff laughing, jumps about)
Puff: But I'm the one who has to jump over (to you)
Jasper: But you have to do it this way (Jasper jumps with his arms straight by his side, like a pin-drop jump, right up to where the director is and then stumbles back a little) [Red caption: Vertical Jump]
-cuts to Puff in a position preparing to jump-
Jasper: (Make sure) You don't kick me with your foot!
[Yellow and blue thinking bubble caption: I don't want to not have sons or grandsons] ---hahaha in other words, he doesn't want to be kicked in the balls :D hahah---
Jasper: Your legs have to be vertical
Puff: I'll try my very best (I'll endeavour to do it)
Puff runs and jumps into Jasper's arms and he catches her but lower (like, around her ass.)


Jasper: Your ass is more at risk, right? (of being crashed into/awkward bodily touching....hahaha)
Puff is laughing a lot and sorta falling away from him, but he puts her down on the ground ok.


-cuts to Jasper talking to camera briefly-
Jasper: In this scene, we have to keep spinning round and round...
-cuts to a fast-forwarding of Jasper twirling Puff round and round and round, and "looking into each other's eyes"-
[Red caption: Crazy, unlimited rotations...]
Director: Puff, don't have your head off to the one side
Puff is laughing and motioning with hand hands to stop. She bows her head down, almost knocking into Jasper's.
Puff: My head is really dizzy... (laughing). Jasper laughing.
Jasper lets her down and she's falling all over the place...
Puff, toppling over: Wait a moment!...


..though Jasper catches her...Jasper: (I'm) holding you/ I've got you!
-cuts to more spinning-
Puff [white caption]: Put me down!
Jasper's still spinning her quite fast.
Puff: Put me down now!
Puff screams, Jasper stops and she's flopped over his shoulder.


He sets her down on the ground...literally, Puff flops onto the ground...
Jasper jokes: All of Xinyi district (the area they're in) can hear Puff's screaming voice (Jasper says this while helping her down as Puff is so dizzy she need to sit on the ground)
Puff smiling at the camera as she recovers and makes her death threat
Puff [red caption]: He needs to die!
Jasper: I need to die? (laughs)
Puff laughs a scary laugh....runs up to hit him. Jasper dodges and waves her away.

10. Hao-Wei-twirling-Kai-Qi
-Cuts to Jasper sitting down drinking water waving to the right-
Director: Ok, change person lifting and spinning (Kai Qi)
Puff: Why must you lift me higher? (Confusing sentence: not sure if she means: Why are you taller in height than Jasper?/ Why do you seem taller? or Why must you lift me heigher? As if seems Puff is lifted further up when Hao Wei spins Kai Qi. I think it's the last sentence- I believe the director's mumbled some instructions on the side to Jolin to lift Puff higher...)
Jolin laughs a manly laugh with hands on hips, looks over to Jasper: Ha ha ha [Purple caption: Proud] (as if, I'm more manly than you Jasper because I've been told to do more lifting)
Puff looks to the side and then laughs as camera pans to show Jasper watching on the side.
-Cuts to scene where Puff jumps up onto Jolin, but then jumps off-
Puff: It's too high! (laughing, touches Jolin on the shoulder by way of explanation and waves a "no" signal.)
-Cuts to scene where Jolin starts twirling Puff around-
Director: One...two...
They're twirling very slowly and "looking lovingly into each other's eyes"
Director [Blue caption]: You're twirling too slowly!
Puff and Jolin are laughing.
Puff: I'm dizzy
Female crew member: You were twirling so slowly...
-Cuts to a slightly faster Jolin-Puff twirling scene-
[Black caption on Jolin: Concentrating on not getting dizzy]
Puff and Jolin are laughing.
Puff: I'm very dizzy.
Director: Good
Female crew member: Good, cut
Jolin puts Puff onto the ground and crew member comes close to give some support in case she falls. She's doubled over onto her knees, looking at the ground.
Jolin: I understand now (points to Jasper, who's off-screen)
Jolin: I understand that feeling (laughing)
Jasper (from off camera): No...(it's) Not comfortable...
Camera person: What's the feeling like?
Jolin: Not (feeling) too comfortable (laughs, puts hands on head)
Puff, talking from her doubled up position [Orange and Purple captions]: The one feeling the most uncomfortable is me! ---Poor Puff she had to do double the spinning and she has a smaller stature!---
Camera zooms down to where Puff is.
Puff [Red caption]: I want to throw up...
[Pink caption: Next chapter when we come back, Puff v. Jasper (and Figuro Crew) enjoy a Pool/Billards competition. Next to come up on show]

11. Da Zhi and gangster fighting scenes
[White and pink captions on Yorke: Filming Da Zhi acting as the hero saving the beauty.]
Director: This person pushes (you) back, right? (does the motion on Yorke)
Director: Use this amount of strength (demonstrates how to hit Yorke to gangsters)
Yorke: Come on/This is like playing
Director [red caption]: In a moment, they'll use more strength.
-cuts to another fighting-instruction scene, where director is showing gangsters how the fighting should be done-
Director: From here...kick! (point to somewhere on Yorke's head)
Director [Orange and Purple captions]: You and me are enemies! (He's saying this to the gangster who suppose to kick Yorke to rile him up and get him to understand the character for the scene).
Gangster actor: I don't know how to fake fight ---haha, he only knows how to fight for real!!!---
Director: Then really hit
Director: Really hit till it's there (...on his flesh...proceeds to hit Yorke) [Yellow: Hitting sound effect] ---Ycan really hear it. The director hit Yorke quite hard!!!---
Yorke makes an expression of shock [Yellow caption in thinking bubble from Yorke's arm: Really does hurt!!] and makes sounds of pain while shaking his arm.
Director: It doesn't hurt.
-Cuts to Yorke talking to camera-
Yorke: (I) Never thought that it'd really be like a gun pelting bullets (I think the meaning is a real fight) [Blue caption: Worried]
-Cuts to scene where head gangster is going to throw a bottle-
Head gangster: Be more careful
Director: Yeah, I've got no problems.
-Cuts to filming the actual drama scene with gangsters walking up-
Head gangster: You dare touch my wife? Fight with me! (throws the bottle)
-Cuts to Yorke talking camera-
Yorke: (This) Has a type of really "being intimidated by gangsters" (kinda) feeling.
-Cuts back to filming the scene again-
Head gangster: Fight with me! (throws bottle, camera pans to where Yorke is and bottle smashes just in fron of him) ---Here I have to say, poor Yorke! haha you can almost see him shake a little-
[Red caption: Breaking effect]
[Yellow caption: ---can't read properly. get back to you on this one---]
-Cuts to interview with actress who plays Ai Zhi (Da Zhi's ex-wife/ Head gangster's wife)-
Camera person: When you were standing so far away, how did you still get injured?
Ai Zhi (Don't know actress' name, so using character name): (I) Don't knowww!
Head gangster actor (Don't know his name either, but he's in quite a few Taiwanese ads) comes to apologise.
Ai Zhi to Head gangster: (There's) no problems, I'm ok!
Head gangster actor puts his hands together and bows and says[ blue and red captions]: I'm sorry...I'm sorry...
Ai Zhi: It wasn't your fault...
[White caption on Head gangster: Blames himself]
Head gangster: I'm so embarrassed/ashamed
-Cuts to Ai Zhi talking to the camera-
Ai Zhi: When I saw it, it was already bleeding.
Zooms in to the cut. [Black caption: Cut by a piece of glass]
Ai Zhi: Everyone was really nervous (excited by the commotion)... But I really didn't feel pain...(laughs) Now it still doesn't hurt...Furthemore, (I've) heard that in Taiwan, seeing red colour is a really good thing..so...I've given everyone a good thing (laughs)  ---I know she spoke Japanese in the show, but I thought she was Taiwanese for some reason...maybe she's really from Japan...does anyone know who she is?---
-Cuts to Yorke as Da Zhi getting hit onto some bean bags-
Yorke: When (I) started filming (this scene and) I saw the bottom of (someone's) foot, I still felt like saying, "(I'm) Very handsome, I have fight scenes. The hero saves the beauty." (laughs)
[Purple caption: Money is really hard to earn]
Yorke: Really (laughs)
-Cuts to Yorke doing the scenes where he's holding onto the legs of the gangsters and they
 kick him-
Yorke as Da Zhi: Runnn!!!
[Purple and yellow caption: Held the wrong leg]
Yorke: Quick runnnn!!!
Yorke: (laughs coz it's an NG) Grabbed the wrong leg.
-Cuts to another leg-grab/kicking scene-
Director: Two...Da Zhi...
[White, pink caption: Drag] (He's being dragged along the concrete ground!)
Yorke: Runnnn!!!
-Cut to camera on Yorke-
[Pink and white: Injured!]
Yorke: They say I should spray water (on it)
Female crew member: ...Because (we're) afraid of it getting infected
Female crew member: Does it hurt very much?
Yorke imitating a zombie, not moving one arm like it's broken)
Female crew member: (laughs) Hurry! Quickly!
-Cuts to filming the scene where 3 gangsters are bashing up Da Zhi-
[Red caption: The more they fight the more passionate they are]
Director: Good
Director: The more you fight the more skilled you are, right?
Yorke [Blue caption]: They are! (They all laugh)
[Pink caption: Director is afraid to come over, right!!]

12. Puff, Jasper, Deyn, Yorke and Stanley: Billards/ Pool competition
Stanley's not playing, but judges the teams. They do a hand movement to pick teams. Puff and Deyn end up in a team and Jasper and Yorke end up in a team.


Puff: I'm done for! (hahaha, perhaps because her and Deyn are the less experienced players...Puff wanted to be with Jasper initially as you hear her say later on that she's glad they weren't on a team after all given the results...) But her and Deyn laugh and dance around anyway to hype up.
Jasper and Yorke (high five) [Orange and purple captions]: You're going to be bothered by me/us
Puff to the other team, looking at Jasper [White and red captions]: Losers have to treat for hotpot!
Deyn [White caption]: The smelly kind of hotpot?! (all laughs)
Puff dancing around Deyn: Ok, (I'm) Relying on you! (With your) Big Physique!
Puff does a fist pump [Gold caption: Competition has started!]
Deyn hits a loud shot
-Cuts to Stanley talking to camera-
[White/Pink caption: Judge of the ball]
Stanley: Deyn is quite determined (in his playing).
Stanley: He himself couldn't hit it in...but he put the ball into a place that is extremely difficult to hit
(Points to the ball)
Shows Yorke's shot, then Puff's shot.
[Pink caption: Position of 100 (points), Yellow caption: Accuracy of 100 (points)]
Puff hits the ball in accurately...camera pans across to Jasper, flopping down in despair.
The team are all poised around the pool table watching Jasper's shot [Red caption: (The team) Acting cute (while they use) a thousand distraction tactics] Puff is dancing around and making faces.
But Jasper gets the shot in [Pink caption: Extremely happy!]
Jasper: Pulled back the bar, yes! (Fist pump)
Puff's shot again.
Puff [Green and Purple caption]: Why do I feel like... my eyes are fuzzy? (Puff does get it in, Deyn and Stanley fist pump and are like 'yesssss!' pointing to Puff with thumbs up)
-Cuts to close up of Jasper-
Jasper: No, no, no, no....
Jasper: (We're) Definately going to win
Yorke, excitedly to the camera: If 9 gets in, 9 will be just great [Pink caption: Self-Hypothesis]
Jasper: (We're) Definately going to win
Yorke, to camera again: However many shots they get in the future is (just) wasted (physical) strength...
Puff's shotting, hitting the 9 ball.
Someone in background: The 9 ball.
Jasper, laughing, to Puff: You use to change (shooting) positions. So exaggerated! (Puff grinning)
Yorke fist pumping coz Puff's shot wasn't awesome.
Puff with a grin to the Camera, and a finger in the air: He definately won't get it in.
Camera zooms to Jasper taking his shot.
Jasper muttering to his ball: (I'll) Get one in to show them..
Puff in the background: Definately not going to get it in, you see... (Jolin has come to watch the game.)
[Yellow caption on the ball: The 9 ball that decides the winner or loser]
Puff comes close to have a look. Jasper hits it, and it misses the spot, rebounds off the edge of the table and everyone is laughing, Jasper and Yorke are like aww...but Puff and Deyn continue laughing.
Yorke to Jasper: No matter.
Deyn's shot and Jasper is trying to be distracting, but Puff is dragging Jasper by the arm away from Deyn and swotting him.
Puff to Jasper: Go away! (You) Don't distract our players! (Puff is blocking him with her arms, but Jasper still manages to slap Deyn on the ass..hahaha...Grins..] The shot isn't great and Yorke is cheering loudly, Puff's like noooo!!!! Jasper is laughing and manages to move away from Puff's arms
Puff to Deyn: I'm telling you...if he gets this one in, you're treating (As in, they're not getting it in!) Deyn: (haha, disbelieving smile) ok!
Yorke's shot, but his leg is up on the table/ he's pretty much half sitting on the table!
Puff: Lifting your feet off the ground is a foul!
Puff teases: Is your arm shaking a lot? (Yorke misses the shot)
Deyn speaking [Aqua and Purple caption on Puff]: A perfect final result is to be given...to Kai Qi
Jasper comes up to where Puff is taking her shot and kneels down close to where Puff is leaning.


Jasper [Orange and purple caption]: (You) think so, don't think (so yet)!
Puff to Jasper: (You) Don't bother me!
Puff: My eyes are a bit blurry.
Puff misses, but it rebounds on the table...and rolls back slowly...
Jasper is eying the ball [Red caption: Glares (at the ball)]
The ball rolls in...Everyone laughs....Jasper laughs and flops onto the table in utter despair.
Puff and Deyn high five [Pink caption: An actual high five!]
Puff: (We're) Too cool! (Flexing arm muscles, Deyn is laughing)
Puff in manly voice: I've won (myself) a hotpot meal!
Someone in the background: Sanlih's Puff Kuo
-Victory music plays-
Deyn and Puff pose for a photo both flexing their arm muscles [Gold caption: Victory!]


Jasper and Yorke are crouched in the corner behind the Pool table looking sadly at the other team.
[Red caption: Sadddd...]
Camera person: Footage immediately of (them) crawling into the right corner.


Puff is grinning and dancing from side to side and then points to the corner where Jasper and Yorke are crouched in the corner.
Puff: Very happy [White caption: Extremely happy]
[Red caption: Play the pig to eat the tiger (Chinese saying meaning, you act nice and tame/ not good at something, but you're really good/crafty/has strong abilities in it)]
Puff: It's a good thing, after all, that I wasn't on a team with him (point to Jasper with her thumb. Jasper turns and looks at her with an I'm-not-impressed look and then throws a ball between his hands...Puff does an exaggerated laugh)
Puff: A session of hotpot is just too easy (to get)
Smirking...fans herself happily ----hahaha, Puff-----

13. Hao Wei and Kai Qi's Valentines "date" where Kai Qi imagines Ah Jie's girlfriend


Jasper is hugging Jolin from behind...er, just holding him close and Jolin has his head leaning on Jasper's head...and both their eyes are closed...


[White caption: What is this?!]
Jasper: Let us cross-cut to Kai Qi's reaction
-Cuts to Puff' as Kai Qi with horried, jaw-dropping look (It's actually a scene from the drama, just when Kai Qi has her daydream about Ah Jie getting romantic with a French girl)-
Jasper's voice commentary: (We've) Worried Kai Qi to death ---hahahaha----


-Cuts to Jasper talking to the camera-
Jasper: We've come here today to film Kai Qi's daydream sequence
-Cuts to filming of daydream sequence, Jasper holding the French girl, smiling for the camera-
Jasper: She's pretty amazing (Talking about the French girl). She can perform water ballet/ synchronised swimming dances.
-Cuts to Jasper and girl practicing their dancing-
Jasper points to the water [Pink and green caption]: We should dance water ballet
Jasper [White caption] (waves arms about, grinning) I'm drowning!!! (girl laughs)
Filming of Jasper and girl dancing...[Yellow caption on Jasper: Very careful]
Jasper: Actually, just then, I was continuously afraid I'd step on her feet...so in the end...(I) changed shoes (Shows Jasper dancing in thongs..they just filmed their bodies, not their feet)
[Pink heart and red caption on Jasper: Considerate!]
Jasper: (I could) Dance with my heart at ease. Otherwise to step on a girl's foot, (it) would be really embarrassing.
-Cuts to Jolin talking to the Camera-
Jolin: First let me introduce a bit. I am Hua Lun (This asian cartoon character with hair slicked to one side and sticking out. He means his hair looks like this due to the styling and the wind blowing it out.) Today, with Kai Qi, I've come here to Nan Liao Fishery Harbour...
-Cuts to scene with Jolin holding an umbrella, then to the cast and crew hanging around trying to film the scene where they walk to the arch-
Crew member: Hold on, hold on
Director: The hero saves the beauty
[Blue caption on the crew members behind the pillar: Wind brigade]
Zooms in on Puff whose hair is whipping her face [Pink caption: Completely useless]
Camera person: Is it useless?
Puff shakes her head in response
Puff: The wind is from...
Camera person: All directions?
Puff nods.
Jolin: My hair moves in one piece...can't you see it? (Touches hair and lifts the gelled hair up)
Jolin: You see (Lifts hair and flaps it)
Jolin: One piece


-Cuts to Puff and Jolin standing side by side, Puff leaning on Jolin's shoulder looking a little unhappy-
Puff: Right...The (wind) blowing is making my head hurt (Her hair is violently whipping her face with the wind ---Poor thing. it looks super gusty in the scene---)
Puff making a face as her hair whips her again
Jolin: (I) Do do have a bit of a headache. The wind blows too often.
Puff: It keeps blowing (puts hand to fringe to keep it from moving)
Jolin: Right
Puff: And then, my hair keeps hitting my eyes...hitting my face...(looks very grumpy ---who can blame her?! The weather looks terrible! ---)
-Cuts to Jolin talking to the camera-
Jolin: Just now, Puff already got sick (threw up?) ----Poor thing!!!--- Actually, I also feel the wind was really too strong. Although now it's really hot, but the wind is actually still very cool. When it blows on you (for awhile) it really gives you a headache.

End of Translation. Please leave a comment if you enjoyed this one or have any other Pleasantly surprised/ Puff/ Jasper videos/ magazines or web content you'd like translated. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment