Sunday 10 January 2016

Bromance 愛上哥們 Show Biz Episode 12 Behind the Scenes Translation

Ah, the Show Biz BTS of the filming of the kiss....enjoy!


1. Filming the scenes where they're walking around Christmasland to the Cinderella pumpkin lights
---Yes, the place they filmed at was called Christmasland. It's my dream to visit Christmasland one year in Taipei---
Commentator: Bromance's Du-Pi love story continues to heat up. Du Zifeng strengthens his dating offensive. So will Pi Yanuo be the same as Cinderella and be exposed at 12 o'clock?

-Cuts to Baron, as Zifeng, turning to Megan, as Yanuo-
Baron, as Zifeng: So you really haven't been here before?


Megan, as Yanuo, looks nervous, and swallows, speechless that Zifeng is onto something.
Baron, as Zifeng: See, normally when you see some pretty, novelty things, you'd shout (excitedly) and jump around, just like a little kid. How come you're being so calm today?


Megan, as Yanuo, looks nervously around...and then slowly, in a forced way, starts skipping up and down waving her hands.


Megan, as Yanuo: Whoaaa, so pretty!!!
Megan then accidentally slips and falls, clutching Baron's arm to break her fall.
Megan then gets up and fake cries because she almost hurt herself and they have to do the scene again. But the Director hasn't yelled cut yet.


[White and orange thinking bubble caption on Megan: Director, hurry up and yell cut, la!]
Megan, as Yanuo, twiddles her fingers trying to stay in character: So cool
Director and crew members start lauhing [rainbow captions]: Hahahaha
Megan starts laughing too.


Commentator: At such an aesthetically romantic staircase, Megan Lai almost suffered a great embarrassment. As expected, she had a nervous mood and as a result, wasn't able to stand steadily on her feet.


Commentator: Returning to the place where the female version of Yanuo and Zifeng met, it's hard to avoid trembling with fear and trepidation. More scary is what other things might happen (tonight)...


2. Megan and Baron filming the kiss scenes
Megan and Baron are standing under the pumpkin carriage lights about to do the kiss scene...


When the lights turn off. and start flashing and then start playing electronic sounding Christmas carols.


Baron reaches in, grabs Megan by the waist and then hearing the music is defeated collapsing on Megan's shoulder laughing


[Yellow and Aqua caption: Music really doesn't match]
Everyone is laughing, including Baron and Megan.

-Cuts to a close up of Megan's face still laughing over the music-
Baron joking: Eh, this type (of music) is the same as that type (of romantic music). If you want to kiss, just...
He steps closer to Megan, but the place starts blaring out "We wish you a Merry Christmas"
Megan, looking up at the speakers for the loud music: What (are you even saying)?!
Baron, still kidding, reaches for Megan's shoulders, half grabbing, half pretending to pat her.
Baron, joking like he's still eager to kiss: Doesn't matter. Relax, come on...


He's going to pull her closer, but the music is still blaring and even he looks like...what is this!?
Megan laughing: I just don't want this type of music!
Megan still laughing: With this type of music, could you really go through with it?!

Commentator: Eh, Du Zifeng, how could it turn out like this?


Commentator: You didn't research the right music for your date.


Commentator: Too much of a failure!


Commentator: For the final kissing scene, we're hoping you succeed at last...


-Cuts to Baron as Zifeng and Megan, as Yanou under the pumpkin carriage-
Baron as Zifeng, says the line about being the prince to Megan, as Yanuo.


He then grabs her around the waist, pulls her roughly towards him and looking straight into her eyes...


And proceeds to kiss her...


Megan, as Yanuo is shocked, though kisses back.


Baron, as Zifeng, then pulls away to look into her face intensely and says.


Baron, as Zifeng: I love you


Baron, as Zifeng, then proceeds to kiss her really passionately...

 

Pulling her really close to his body...


 His hand up her back. 


Megan, as Yanuo, looks lost in the moment, kissing him back.


His lips lingers on hers


And then he kisses her deeply and continuously still. 


Not letting go.


Realising how hot and heavy and out of control this make out session is, and obviously confused as hell, Megan, as Yanuo, puts a hand up on his chest...


And meekly shoves him away. Moving away, she looks all shocked and then runs away from him
---This whole sequence is really something. So much love for these two. They just set this screen on fire-----


-Cuts to Baron laughing at Megan after the shot-
Baron, laughing: You didn't push (me) correctly.
Megan, defensively: Nooo (I did, didn't I?) Don't you know I pushed...
Baron, still laughing: Ok, it was Ok

-Cuts to Baron and Megan under the pumpkin lights again-
Megan, still not letting go...
Megan jokingly sad and defensive [Red caption]: I did push


Baron grins: It's good. It's Ok.


Baron: I understand
Baron: I understand, I understand
Megan laughs at his strange choice of words.


Megan: What do you mean?
Baron, laughs: It's nothing
Baron [Green caption]: In that type of situation...
Baron twirling his finger [Red, pink and blue caption]: A girl's strength would suddenly weaken
----Haha, although it sounds like it's saying something about girls not being strong enough, I think he doesn't mean it like that...I feel like I'd totally lose my strength in that situation...So Megan definitely would, right?---


Megan starts laughing hard with her eyes closed...
And on close up, it looks like she's blushing
Director: The gazing into each other's eyes has to be strong and sufficient


Megan puts her hand to her face from laughing.
Baron: Well, I feel (that way about that scene)...

-Cuts to a replay of Megan as Yanuo and Baron asZifeng really making out-
----And can I say that it's just so beautiful?!----
Camera person, their voice over the scene: Or did you hope that, with one hand, she would shove you directly?


Baron: struggling to explain himself: No! I don't mean it like that way
Baron: But that ok (that the scene happened that way). I think it's very good.
Megan is faux crying because of Baron's reaction to her pushing scene.
Baron, with a laugh and shrug, desperately trying to make things right: I didn't think of it! I didn't think of it! I think it's very good!


Megan: How could you even think of it?

Commentator: Receiving a kiss can also be a a sniper mission. Baron Chen was clearly more powerful in his ways


Commentator: But otherwise still lost to Megan Lai's soft-bodied moves.


Commentator: Looks like the Du-Pi kiss competition, continues after a game of Kings, from the female's side, putting another one down again, 2 to 0 leads (in the game of kissing...)


-Cuts to the filming of the kissing scene from Megan's perspective-
Baron, as Zifeng, confesses that he loves Megan, as Yanuo. She stares at him speechless and surprised and then he goes in for the kill. And this time, it's a longer kiss filled with longing from both sides, as Megan, being Yanuo, kisses back with just as much intensity.


She's holding his arm slightly, while he's sliding his hand up back and pressing her towards him...


But she suddenly realises how confused she is and brings her hands up to shove him away. She looks shocked and confused and breathless before turning to the side to run away.

-Cuts to Megan pretending to run away-
Megan laughs.
Baron talking to Megan: Don't be this way, ok? I'll become shy.
He means that she shouldn't run away from him.


Baron: Act a bit more natural...or else I'll become shy
Megan, sounding amused: I am being very natural!
---Haha, Sorry Baron, I have to say she is....So you're the nervous one, eh?---
Baron is patting his chest, towards where his heart is, kinda bobbing around.


Megan, sounding incredulous: You get shy?!


Megan hits him on the arm, laughing: You don't get shy!
Baron: Is there some alcohol around here?


Megan sounding highly amused [Yellow, blue and pink captions]: You're Baron Chen, you get nervous?!
---Hahaha, I love Megan's reply for several reasons. It's complimentary and flirty ~ He's Baron Chen. Famous and good looking...people want him...he wouldn't have to get nervous. It's an acknowledgement to all the flirty moves he's pulled on her ~ She's saying, Hey we flirt all the time and you're getting nervous now?! It's her showing her own feelings of flattery ~ Haha, she's responding to the fact that he would supposedly get nervous over her. Though I would if I were him! I'm amused that she's so amused about this whole thing---
Everyone, cast and crew, is laughing


Baron: With those, I was acting...
Baron, rambling on and laughing: I haven't have that much dating experience...


Megan laughs, incredulously: What?!
Baron is walking away grinning.
Megan: Hey!
----Hahaha, lies, lies...Megan is so highly amused by everything he's saying---
Megan is laughing and making a yeah-right face at the camera


Megan whispers to the camera: Who would believe that?!
---Yup, we all know you've had girlssss Baron...but that's ok, like Megan, we don't love you any less. I think---


Camera person: Then looks like we'll have to transfer to the VCR scenes...

Commentator: Ah, being silly lah. The little behind the scenes reporter is joking. What VCR is there? We just don't want to lose... or something like that.


Commentator: How will Pi Yanuo's Cinderella path go down? Wait till she becomes a princess, then this little reporter will help her to write a memoir!


3. A silly section with Megan and Baron snow scene dubbed in the traditional Taiwanese dialect, which is often used in more dramatic television dramas.
---Now, I don't think the voices belong to Megan and Baron. they're just silly dubs by the station. Just the words belong to the script maybe? Definitely the images are of them at least I know that...I don't know any of this dialect of Chinese, so I'm just translating from the Chinese subs---
Megan as Yanuo: Zifeng, I really thank you
Megan as Yanuo: For allowing me to see the first snow session of 2016
Baron as Zifeng: I've said it before, you only need to like it and I'll use all my strength/effort to give it to you


Megan as Yanuo: If today I could keep watching this, I'd be completely happy, I don't know how good it'd be...


Baron, as Zifeng: Say no more!


Baron, as Zifeng: There still a fashionable and good-looking guy (for you...)


Megan as Yanuo: Oh, you're right!


Megan is grinning as Baron wipes snow off her face.


End of Translation. Every time I watch these two make-out I feel like I'm watching something that is very, very, very unsafe for work. It's not that raunchy, but these two make it so hot that it totally is! Fair warning kids, read this at work or school at your own risk...

12 comments:

  1. JenL, thanks a whole bunch. As soon as i read in the soompi forum that u had put up a translation for the video, i just had to rush here.
    Been going in and out of the soompi forum daily, just didnt sign in becoz everyone's saying what i was thinking.
    Thanks for all your translations and fun commentaries.
    Rosee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, no problems! Thanks for coming to read my work! :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you thank you thank you!!!
    This is wonderful *_*
    And even your descriptions of their actions are amazing. Don't tell me you're not a writer, I won't believe you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe, you're welcome! Actually I love writing. I always wanted to be a writer growing up...good to know that my descriptions of hot and heavy make out sessions are at least getting an A+

      Delete
  3. Jen L, sending you much loves for translating. Thank you for feeding us Bromance fans with all these juicy and happening BTS moments. I came across your blog when someone mentioned you in YouTube(for eng sub credit) and i have to look up for your blog! This is my first Taiwanese drama i am watching, really enjoying it. I am forgiving some of the trite, cringeworthy scenes (the baby delivery scene in the bus, oh then i die for a min or two and woke up next ) all for the love of the two main leads. Their chemistry are exploding and i am hopelessly hoping for an extension of this drama, 5 or 10 more eps.
    Your translations are as dramatic as your blog name says "theseDRAMATICdays". :D Fun read and I ll be looking forward for more fun translations. Cheers :)
    Ano

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, Thanks for your comment! I'm glad someone found me through crediting :) Taiwanese dramas are the best! The story lines don't always meet the standard of say, Korean dramas, but there's something heart-warming about the cast and couple relationships that exist between Taiwanese stars :) I totally agree that the baby delivery scene was soul-destroying and I would ignore it, but it has given way to some pretty funny jokes in real life and some BTS videos. The chemistry is intense in this drama and while I don't usually back drama extensions because they kill the story line, I have long given up with the story line for Bromance and I could watch Megan and Baron flirt for many more episodes to come if the opportunity arose. Anyway thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  4. thank you ...now i get it what the video all about..without your translation..i make up my own interpretation by looking at picture which is completely wrong ..hahaha.hahah...big appreciation (1000x clapping) ..hope you will have a lot of free time to do others showbiz video {but only if you like it heheh no force (^_^)X)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I use to do that too before I made it a thing to learn Chinese seriously! I'm working my way through translations at my own pace, but if you'e looking for things like the Men's Talk, why not try Kiraning's blog too? I believe her's is call Doramatic Realities.

      Delete
  5. JenL, thank you so much for translating the BTS. Such a coup it is to get an OTP with this type of chemistry. Kudos to the director for going with a natural kiss instead of the dreaded frozen kiss (Thank the drama gods!).

    I also really love the BTS of them shooting the big heavy bike scene. The skinship in that was really wonderful, it feels like they're the best friends in the world. Yunno, the tickling, the teasing, the leaning and touching...I could go on and on, LOL!

    Story-wise, I think the writers have been told to hedge their bets with some of the plot direction depending on the show's ratings. This was something gleaned from Baron Chen's interview a couple days back where he said the Yaqi character was dropped because the response to her was not as good as for Yanuo. This has caused some ambiguity in the story and some really illogical situations at times. This happens a lot in Korean dramas as well and is unfortunately something we have to live with. In Bromance's case, they have found their gem in Baron/Megan's chemistry so they'll definitely milk it dry. This is similar to the just ended Oh My Venus in Korea where So Jisub and Shin Mina's chemistry were through the roof and they spent some time just lingering on that, which was awesome for the shippers but not so good for the story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. JenL thanks a million for the translation. Baron and Megan chemistry is superb. The Director - salute. For choosing them to be main lead and giving us real kiss and feelings. From your translation added deeper understanding to the whole show.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hai JenL, thank for your great translation...you make me amazed about you... hope u still giving us update... Im just keep getting falling in love with taiwanese drama when reading your translation on bts,recap and etc...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I ain't even young and I felt myself go red watching it. Not to mention the slow motion gifs fans have been making...I never look at them at work for sure!!

    ReplyDelete