Thursday 14 January 2016

Personal Story: Baron Chen's 陳楚河 Just Gold Just Diamond Promotional Fan Meet

So after attending the final Morning Call concert last Friday (which I also have to write about!), I was reminded that Baron Chen would be in town for an endorsement event for the brand, Just Gold Just Diamond. I've always been a bit wary of promotional meets because they're not like fan meets, they're based around selling a product. But then again, I'd never been to one...so curiosity got the better of me. That and a huge crush on Baron Chen. Hilarious isn't it? If you've read my fan meet post about the first time I saw him, you'll know that last October I had no idea who he was. In fact, I wasn't as awed by him as I was by Megan (who I also have an equally big crush on. Bromance makes me so gender confused. Heh.) And now I watch all/any Bromance videos to catch a sight of Baron when I can. How times have changed.

I hate to write this, but please don't steal photos. Credit and link to my blog if you want to use them elsewhere. Thanks :)

Must Go Back to Write the Start of this Fan Meet Story...But enjoy this new snippet for now!

Baron Takes Photos with 30 Prize Winners

After taking the group photo with all the fans (which I'm in), they ushered Baron towards the Just Gold Just Diamond counter and gathered around the 30 lucky fans who had won the chance to take a signed Polaroid with him. It was chaotic as they had taken down the barriers and fan girls were just trying to get as close to Baron as possible. I literally couldn't move or breath...There were so many fan girls! My position at this point wasn't as good as when the fan meet started because girls kept pushing in front to get closer to Baron. Still, I managed to take nicer photos at this point because the lights were softer on this side and Baron was taking the time to pose for fans once again.


Up close, Baron really was such a good looking guy. Though not a pretty boy. he has a pleasantly, suave and cool appearance making it hard not to feel attracted to him. Every girl there pretty much naturally gravitated towards him at that desk...


This made it difficult to see what Baron was doing...but I still managed to find him through the gaps. And by holding my camera up high, I could see him responding to the fans in the front row...by this time in the fan meet, I was probably 3 or  4 rows from the desk....


Baron gave a lot of cool poses, which I caught on camera, but I felt a little sad to have totally missed out on the funny ones. He did the finger-on-the-lips pose to the fans on his right side, which I couldn't catch being front-on to him. Someone also requested that he do a kissy lips pose. Responding to this request, he squished his face together with his hands and made fat, kissy fish lips and posed for fan photos. It was all very cute, but my SD card chose that moment to run out of space T^T So I didn't capture it, having spent the time getting rid of old photos. But I am grateful that I caught moments where Baron was so slick and suave.



When they had gathered the competition winners into a line, they started sending people up to take Polaroids with Baron. He was very courteous with his fans, talking to them and putting his hands on their shoulders while posing. Those lucky fans were probably dying on the inside! 


Everyone who didn't enter the competition, or didn't get an opportunity to enter, struggled to crowd around the desk where Baron was. And they continued to take as many photos as possible while he posed with the winners. 



14 comments:

  1. He's so foineee. You're so lucky to have met him face to face. I got to know him from your blog. Wasn't attracted at first but he grows on me. Megan was the one who got me curious enough to watch Bromance. Haha. Sorry Baron Chen.Can't wait for your next post on this event.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has so much charm, doesn't he? Haha, I'd say 'met' is a strong word. I didn't get to speak to him or shake his hand or anything like that, though he literally walked out in front of me (and my stupid phone died so I couldn't capture just how close he was to me), but I do feel lucky to have seen him metres away from me. I totally understand how you feel too. I wasn't attracted to him at first either, and Megan was the complete reason I started watching Bromance and didn't drop it after a few episodes. But Baron's got me now with his slow-burn, longing gaze, brooding charm and intensely sensual presence. Heh.

      Delete
  2. JenL, i saw one of your photos (the 3rd one) via somebody's fb. I saved it on my own fb. Open to public....... I apologize if i accidently did a wrong deed towards you.
    These photos look professionally captured.... Can i just say that you are yourself a talented writer and photographer!
    Rosee70

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rosee70,

      Thanks for the lovely compliment! I'm flattered and I'm very glad that you like the way I write and take photos. I feel these are some of my best photos actually coz I just got a new lens to help with my sniper photography :D

      Since I only just put these up, it could be entirely possible that the photo was taken by someone standing next to me at the meet. There were a lot of people with proper cameras and we would have taken very similar photos given the way the meet was set up. But if you're positive that the photo is the same next time just send me the link so I can visit the page and, er, sort them out. Thanks for telling me about it though :)

      Delete
  3. Decided to delete all the photos of chen chu he... don't want to make mistakes of copyrights again.
    Rosee70.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've met him twice, so envy! Till now, I still regret I missed a chance seeing River when he came to promote a movie Kung Fu Drunk with Jay Chou in my country several years ago, now I can only dream of another chance to meet him T_T You're very right he's so charming, I guess that's why I've been falling for him for all these years...

    Thanks so much for sharing beautiful photos you taken, I'll keep checking your blog for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHAT THE HECK?! How are your photog skills so good? That's so HQ. That 3rd one with the slight smile makes my heart melt. I swear 2 months ago I told my sister, "He's not handsome at all". Great, biting my own tongue now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh, you lucky girl! How was it like seeing him irl? Was it surreal? I tend to get quite starstruck, so it's always a surreal feeling for me. I hope there are more pics, but the ones you posted are such good quality and he looks great! You and me both have a huge crush on this guy--can anyone blame us? He's such a scene stealer and he stole our hearts in the process. He's very good at that...

    Thanks for sharing, Jen. Hope you're having a lovely and safe vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I envy you girl. You saw both of them in person. I don't know how I'll react when I see them. Good thing that you captured these photos and very generous of you to share it with us. I shall look forward to your future posts.

    He's not as flawless as those flower boy types but he does not miss out on looks, charm and macho appeal. He is also a good actor and his personality is great. Over all, he got the X factor to make us giggle and smile at his antics. I have been a huge fan since FTLY. I'm glad to watch him again at Bromance with Megan. And now, I can't let go of them. Obviously, I'm an RM shipper. Thank you once again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. helloo jen..lovemarie here...thanks for all of this... its an artwork...what a talent you have...

    ReplyDelete
  9. He's just asdfkj;s honestly. You're right in that he doesn't have the put together, flower-boy sort of look I see with Korean celebrities, but somehow it makes me feel like I'm seeing a person and not a quasi-facade. What I wouldn't give to see him and Megan Lai in person! xD Thank you so much for putting these pictures up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. AHHHHH! can someone please just save me from him?? oh another thought, someone has to save him FROM me! hahahahaha. he's soooo freaking hot. you're so lucky jen!

    ReplyDelete
  11. He is just sooo adorable... hey, you are a lucky girl! seeing him up close and personal....wow! thanks you for sharing your story and photos... He is attractive in his own simple way... in my own opinion when you saw him in person you gonna have a second look at him...right? a down to earth and simple man, my weakness...giggled...
    thank you again...

    ReplyDelete